COMMERCIAL RETAIL FOR IMMEDIATE LEASE – Next Door to the University of Maryland at 8700 Baltimore Avenue in College Park, the Enclave has up to 9580 square feet of retail space available for immediate lease. With easy convenient access for customers and great visibility and signage on Route One, we also have 88 parking spaces designated for retail-only.
Traffic past the shops with a parking garage is more than 35,000 autos a day. The Enclave is on the UMD Shuttle service which takes your customers all the way to Gaithersburg and many places in between. Riders of the shuttle include residents of College Park, Greenbelt and Hyattsville, the UMD students and employees, and the City of College Park employees. Overnight visitors will be able to take shuttles from their perspective hotels as available.
In addition to the connected 369 student beds, your customers include the University of Maryland students and employees, plus many of the employees of the research park (1.5 million sqft+ that includes NOAA and the FDA test kitchens), the City, and over 30,000 residents within the City’s 5.68 miles alone. Being ten miles from the Nation’s Capital, College Park receives many visitors throughout the year. With the launch of the Innovation District, opening of the new hotels and the new residential developments nearby, customer traffic has rapidly increased here.
A lot of Landlord work is already complete to floor with all utilities at the building. Space sizes in this informational are samples only. The “square feet” is divisible to meet retail tenant’s requirements, subject to current layout including restaurant required ducts. The beautiful space offers 15’ high ceilings and tall windows. We have an evening security guard.
The list price is $30-$35/sqft NNN. CAM is at cost.* Currently under $5.00 / sf.
- Traffic counts are 35,000+ cars a day and growing quickly with new development.
- The University has over 38,000 students enrolled with a 16:1 student faculty ratio.
- There are over 3000 student housing beds within a ½ mile with 369 beds right in the building.
- An additional 500 units of market rate apartments are currently under construction. The City already has over 30,000 residents within its 5.68-mile radius.
- Plans for development across the street and next door includes Chick-fil-A, Lidl Grocery Store, and 1901 Baltimore Ave apartments with an additional 40 townhouses. Already next door are Rita’s, Jiffy Lube, Clarion Hotel, gas, carwash, and quick access to the University.
In the next five years, six major projects totaling over a billion dollars will transform the University of Maryland and City of College Park. Most of them are centered around Route One (Baltimore Avenue). To name a few projects,
- Innovation District (development in the hundreds of millions).
- Irebe Center for Computer Science and Computer Innovation ($140MM) (by co-founder Oculus – sold to Facebook for $2B).
- Clark Hall for Bioengineering ($150MM) (next to existing engineering).
- Ed St. John Teaching and Entrepreneurship Center ($120MM).
- Cole Field House Center for Health and Human Performance ($150MM – Under Armour already donated $25MM)
- A Purple Line station will be right at Baltimore Avenue.
- The Hotel at the University of Maryland and the Cambria ($160MM)
Retail space is being leased at $45+/sf down the street with double the CAM charges. This is the nicest space for immediate lease. More street retail is coming over the next couple of years, but probably not at this rate.
The owners are seeking experienced tenants with excellent credit and financial statement. If you are interested in leasing this retail space at the Enclave, please email me a letter of intent with your business and personal financial statement and references, along with your business concept and plan/proforma.